Evaluating A Pest Control Business For Sale: The Power Of Pestmaster Company Culture
When evaluating a pest control business for sale, make time to assess the state of the company’s culture. Read on to learn how to assess the personalities of prospective brands, and find out what makes Pestmaster a paragon of positive company culture.
What Is Company Culture And Why Does It Matter For Pest Control Businesses?
Put simply, company culture refers to the organization’s “personality.” Investopedia defines it more broadly as “the beliefs and behaviors that determine how a company’s employees and management interact and handle outside business transactions.”
Though the exact definition varies depending on who you ask, everyone agrees that company culture matters—in fact, it’s one of the primary concerns of high-level business strategists.
“Business leaders believe a strong organizational culture is critical to success,” write Lindsay McGregor and Neel Doshi in research published by the Harvard Business Review. “In a recent strategy meeting we attended with the leaders of a Fortune-500 company, the word “culture” came up 27 times in 90 minutes.”
Company culture was also the focus of a recent webinar series produced by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). These were some of the major takeaways from Episode 2, “Culture is King: Harnessing the Power of a Winning Company Culture” (which you can watch in full via the NPMA webinar portal):
- Positive company culture is critical for pest control businesses long-term success, but it is often overlooked
- Positive company culture motivates staff, lowers turnovers rates and training costs, provides opportunities for cost-control, and facilities great customer experiences by ensuring clients interact with happy technicians
- Pest control business owners must nurture and maintain positive company culture
- If neglected, positive company cultures can turn toxic, leading employees and owners “down a dark path,” including high turnover, daily conflicts and office politics, difficulties recruiting, and decreased productivity
With that in mind, it’s clear that prospective investors should be looking for signs of positive company culture when evaluating any pest control businesses for sale. And whether you’re looking for a quality brand to partner with, or a paragon of positive company culture to evaluate opportunities near you, Pestmaster can help.
Evaluating A Pest Control Business For Sale: 3 Signs Of Positive Company Culture
When it comes to positive company culture, Pestmaster is tough to beat. What follows is a quick rundown of how our positive company culture shines through, long before you get to know our team.
- Top rankings in the pest control industry. McGregor & Doshi (2015) list “an atmosphere of excellence” as a top indicator of positive company culture. Pestmaster has been recognized as one of the “Top 100” pest control businesses for sale, out of over 21,000 national brands. This ranking not only endorses our business practices and service quality, but also gives employees and owners something to take pride in.
- Premium, personalized training program. “Small business owners who have great company cultures place a premium on educating their staff,” writes ProgressiveCommercial. Pestmaster franchise owners receive comprehensive training tailored to their individual needs, and we’re constantly investing in opportunities for continuing education.
- Attentive franchise support. According to the Harvard Business Review, organizations with positive company culture work hard to foster understanding, reduce stressors and conflicts, and build high levels of trust, all of which our franchise support system accomplishes. Whether you need help with specific aspects of training or operations, hands-on coaching or technical support, our corporate support team is always available to help.
Discover The Power Of Pestmaster’ Company Culture
While the above mentioned signs can surely get you started, the best way to experience our franchise family’s positive company culture is to get in touch with our team. From your first phone call, you’ll get a strong sense of Pestmaster’ “personality,” and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to speak with our president and founder, as well as current and former franchisees, as you complete the steps to ownership.
Call 800-525-8866 or visit the Pestmaster website to book your free consultation and learn more about pest control business for sale near you.
McGregor, L., & Doshi, N. (2015). How company culture shapes employee motivation. Harvard Business Review, 11, 1-13.Back