How Much Does It Cost To Start A Pest Control Business?
Today’s post compares the cost and long-term value of starting a pest control business on your own versus starting a Pestmaster franchise. Read on or call 800-525-8866 to speak with a Pestmaster representative straight away.
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Pest Control Business On My Own?
“Although you can technically start a pest control business from your home, you’ll still need the equipment and supplies necessary to do your job,” writes author Stephanie Faris in a start-up guide for Small Business Chron. “All told, you can expect to spend at least $10,000 on a pest control startup, with costs as high as $50,000.”
Faris’ estimate is accurate for self-starters, but it fails to factor in several other unavoidable expenses, including:
- Marketing costs
- Pesticide applicator certification from the EPA,
- Liability insurance, and more
Furthermore, Faris’ estimate assumes the start-up already has all the training they need to operate a pest control business. If you require additional training in marketing, business administration, management, pesticide applications, or sales, your total start-up expenses will increase.
Still, even when you factor in these hidden costs, starting a pest control business is still extremely affordable, totalling only a fraction of what you’d pay to start a fast-food franchise or brick-and-mortar shop. However, these low entry barriers are a bit of a double-edged sword—on the one hand, it’s great for start-ups trying to hit the break-even point ASAP, but it also increases competitive pressures at the entry level.
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Pestmaster Franchise?
Starting a pest control business as a Pestmaster franchise owner costs between $30,000 and $85,000. This investment includes everything you need to start your business, from single-gallon sprayers and signage to training and marketing materials.
But while the cost may be comparable to independent start-up, that’s where the similarities end. Because while self-starters struggle to overcome new challenges, learn on the job, distinguish themselves from competitors, and win contracts in the early goings, Pestmaster franchise owners are confidently closing sales from day-one, thanks to the following competitive advantages:
- An authoritative brand name with a 40+ year track record of success
- Proprietary software that makes running day-to-day operations easier, helping you route, schedule, and maintain your accounts receivable
- A dedicated contract acquisition team to help you win valuable GSA Schedule contracts with government clients
- Top-tier training and ongoing coaching
- National marketing campaigns running in conjunction with local advertising
- Streamlined start-up process, allowing most owners to open their doors within 3-6 weeks of signing the franchise agreement
We also increase return on investment by helping new franchise owners control their start-up costs in several ways, such as:
- Pestmaster’s nationwide liability insurance policy, which offers the best coverage at the best rates
- Discounts on equipment and pest control trucks/fleet vehicles
- Thousands of dollars in savings offered to military veterans, qualified disabled veterans, and existing pest control owners who are converting their business
In short, Pestmaster is a fantastic option for start-ups, offering serious competitive advantages, invaluable support, and thousands of dollars in potential savings, all for almost the same amount you’d pay to build a business from scratch.
Start A Free Consultation To Learn More About The Pestmaster Opportunity
Visit the Pestmaster Contact Page or call 800-525-8866 to set up an appointment with a member of our team.