How to Start a Pest Control Business
Today’s post runs down the 7 steps involved in starting a pest control business with a national franchise brand.
Read on to learn what it’s like working with Pestmaster.
Starting A Pest Control Business With Pestmaster
- Step 1 — Explore the pest control market. Do your due diligence–you might be shocked at the pest control market’s demand and resilience. We’ve compiled industry facts and figures to supplement your independent research.
- Step 2 — Get in touch with our team. Once you’ve had a look at our website, it’s time to introduce yourself to the franchise family. Call 800-525-8866 to speak directly with a Pestmaster representative.
A franchise development specialist will walk you through the details of our opportunity and answer any preliminary questions you may have about our model, territory system, or training program. At the end of the conversation, we’ll review next steps and send you a pre-application confidential questionnaire.
- Step 3 — Complete and send the pre-application confidential questionnaire. This questionnaire helps us assess your eligibility and get to know you a little bit better before we begin the mutual evaluation process.
- Step 4 — Begin the mutual evaluation process (and check out the FDD). Pestmaster president and founder Jeff Van Diepen will schedule a conference call, during which you’ll learn about our brand’s history, vision, and company culture. Jeff will also share some success stories and industry statistics that we’re particularly proud of, then you’ll get a chance to tell your story.
If the conversation goes well, you’ll receive a copy of our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which contains further information about the franchisor’s history, business experience, past litigation, initial fees, earnings, and initial investment. We will also schedule another call to review the document together and address any questions that you may have regarding its contents.
- Step 5 — Complete the final vetting and choose a territory. During this stage, you’ll complete the formal franchise application process, which includes background and soft credit checks.
At this point you’ll also begin the exciting territory selection process. We work together with investors to create a naturally agreed upon franchise territory in which you will enjoy exclusive Pestmaster franchise access to a healthy number of commercial, residential, and government customers. Territories are chosen to maximize your growth potential and minimize competition. You can view a full list of available territories here.
Once these processes are complete, you will be invited to our Pestmaster headquarters in Reno, Nevada. Here, you’ll meet the team, get a full tour, immerse yourself in our franchise culture, and have a chance to ask any final questions in person. Note that this visit is optional–but it’s a great opportunity to sightsee at the stunning Lake Tahoe!
Many choose to sign their franchise agreement at this stage, but there’s never any pressure put on you.
- Step 6 — Start your franchise training. Once you’ve signed the franchise agreement and submitted all fees, you’re ready to dive into training.
Start-up training lasts for two weeks under guidance of President Jeff Van Diepen. For the first week, you’ll be at our corporate office in Reno. The second week is conducted on-site in your chosen territory. This streamlined training system includes all you need to get started with Integrated Pest Management (IPM), vegetation control, marketing, networking, office management, and vendor relations.
- Step 7 — Realize your dream of starting a pest control business. Once training wraps up and pre-opening tasks are completed, your business is ready for launch. Most franchisees average 3-6 weeks to open from the moment they sign the franchise agreement.
Visit https://pestmasterfranchise.com/ or call 800-525-8866 to learn more about our model and explore franchise opportunities in your area.Back