How to Start a Successful Pest Control Company from Home in 2019
Are you curious about how to start a successful pest control company from home in 2019?
How To Start A Successful Pest Control Company From Home: Evaluate The Market
If you’re trying to learn how to start a successful pest control company, chances are you already know the market is doing well. But in order for you to accurately estimate your profits and break-even point, and to decide how much money is worth spending in the early goings, you’ll need to dig into the details.
Don’t worry: we’ve already done the work for you. The Pestmaster franchise has been in the game for nearly 40 years, and we’ve got our finger on the pulse of the market.
Here’s a few pest control market highlights to help your planning:
- Pest control industry revenue is increasing year after year. The professional pest control industry generated an estimated $8.971 billion in total service revenue in 2018, which represents a 4.4% increase from 2017, according to the Strategic Analysis of the US Structural Pest Control Industry from Speciality Consultants. This represents a continuation of the growth rates observed in 2015 and 2016, and experts predict that this revenue increase will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Demand for all pest control services is strong. Demand for mosquito control, bed bug treatments, rodent control, and vegetation management are up in commercial, residential, and government sectors. And termite control revenue is the highest its been since the housing boom in 2005, owed mostly to the spike in preventative post-construction treatments for developing areas.
- Lucrative government contracts are available. Local, state, and federal government contracts amount to almost $45 billion annually. However, these opportunities are only available for General Services Administration (GSA) contract holders, who are authorized to treat federal government resources. Pestmaster franchise owners need not worry: our team receives full GSA Schedule and Participation training and we help with all contract bids.
For more help with your market research, visit our Pest Control Industry — Facts & Figures page.
How To Start A Successful Pest Control Company From Home: Develop The Business Model
A successful home-based business model should prioritize:
- Controlling costs up front. If you’re starting your business from home, chances are that you’re trying to control costs, so it only makes sense that you start slow and emphasize cost-efficiency in the early goings.Pestmaster franchise owners need not worry. Our home-based business model is already sleek and cost-effective, requiring minimal equipment and no employees until you’re ready. We also get our franchisees extensive discounts on materials, licensing fees, and more.
- Maximizing business visibility. Most home-based businesses do not benefit from large-scale storefront signage, which means you may need to invest a bit more effort in being seen. This can be done via online advertising, appearances at local community events or trade shows, and good old fashioned word of mouth.Having been at the forefront of the industry for nearly 40 years, Pestmaster franchise owners have a leg up in this regard. Our business is nationally recognized as a top-100 pest control company out of more than 19,000 national competitors, which allows even a humble home-based business to win customers from big brick-and-mortar competitors.
- Scalability. For now, you want to know how to start a successful pest control company from home, but you may want to expand in the future. As such, your business model must be scalable.Take Pestmaster for example. Our business model works wonders whether you intend to run a one-man show from home, or a huge business with multiple locations and an extensive staff roster. Most owners start from home and scale up within 9 to 18 months.
How To Start A Successful Pest Control Company With Pestmaster
Visit the Pestmaster Franchise website or call 800.525.8866 to learn how to start a successful pest control company using the proven Pestmaster business system.