What Can I Expect Owning a Pest Control Business?
Today’s post is all about what you can expect running a pest control business with Pestmaster. Read on to learn what it’s like working in this lucrative industry as a franchise owner.
Getting To Know The Pestmaster Model
For more than 39 years, Pestmaster has been helping entrepreneurs build successful pest control businesses in the United States and abroad. The Pestmaster brand was founded by Jeff Van Diepen in 1979 in the small community of Bishop, Califnoria. From those humble beginnings, Pestmaster has grown into a top-100 ranked pest control business and GSA Contract Holder.
Our business model focuses on three major areas of service:
- Pest control, which refers to the regulation or management of various “pest” species via the application of insecticides, environmental controls, traps/baits, and other technologies.
- Vegetation management, which refers to the targeted control and elimination of unwanted vegetation that may harbor rodents, birds, and other harmful pests.
- Vector control, which refers to the eradication of pests that transmit disease pathogens. Mosquito treatment is the most common form of vector control.
Our business model is sleek and profitable. All you need to start is:
- Any late model (white) pickup truck or wrapped service van
- Backpack spray unit
- Pest control materials (chemical, monitors, bait stations, etc)
You’re not required to buy anything through us, but we can connect you with regional representatives who will get you discounts on equipment and chemicals.
Beyond getting access to our proven business model and start-up support, Pestmaster owners receive:
- Massively discounted liability insurance and full assistance acquiring your Commercial Applicators License
- Top-tier training that eliminates the need for prior skills or experience
- Ongoing support
- A dedicated corporate team to help you win government contracts
- Exclusive sales rights to a territory containing about 500,000 prospects
- A nationally recognized brand name and trusted reputation
Best of all, our model is extremely flexible and effortlessly scalable. Owners have the option of operating entirely out of their homes in the early goings, then expanding to offices and multiple territories in the future. You can start with a hand-picked team, or as a single person operation to control costs.
What To Expect As An Existing Pest Control Business Owner
In addition to building businesses from scratch, we also help existing owners build greater equity in their pest control business model. As a GSA Contract Holder with a corporate team dedicated to helping you win bids, we will help you acquire lucrative government contracts to complement your current commercial and residential clientele.
Naturally, existing pest control business owners pay less than entrepreneurs starting from scratch. Take $12,500 off the opening rate when conversing your existing business, and use your existing equipment for even more savings.
Read Testimonials From Real Pestmaster Franchisees
If you really want to know what to expect, check out the Pestmaster Testimonial page for first-hand descriptions of life as a franchise owner. We also offer all prospective buyers the chance to speak with some of our current franchise owners before signing the franchise agreement.
Learn More About Pest Control Franchise Opportunities Near You
Visit the Pestmaster Franchise Homepage or call 805-525-8866 to learn more about what it’s like to run a pest control business in 2019.Back